Wistow Rural Centre, Wistow Maze and more!
Wistow is a beautiful, historic hamlet set in rolling countryside just a few miles south of Leicester and north of Market Harborough. The area is a centre for walking, cycling and picnicking, with many routes around the estate, St Wistan's Church and the Grand Union Canal.
Wistow Rural Centre offers relaxed shopping in a lovely country setting, including:
- Ken Bailey Garden Centre and Pet Accessories
- The Olive Tree Company - Mediterranean Deli and Farm Shop
- Wistow Café Bistro - coffee, cakes, lunches, afternoon tea, ice creams and more
- Outerspace - furniture and innovative gifts for the garden and home
- Porcupine - quality new and reclaimed pine and hardwood furniture, gifts and cards
- Jocalia - handbags, scarves, jewellery and accessories
- Daisy Chains - silk flowers, arrangements and gifts
- Little Miss Gifts - wonderful gifts for little girls
- Model Village
And, of course, Wistow Gallery!
Lots of free parking. Wheelchair and pushchair access to most areas.
Open daily throughout the year (please note that individual businesses within the Rural Centre have varying opening hours).
Wistow Maize Maze
In the summer (July-September), visitors enjoy one of the country's largest maize mazes. The Wistow Maze (winner of Leicestershire's "Best Visitor Attraction") is redesigned each year - in 2012 it was in the shape of a relay runner, with the quiz trail highlighting British athletes and their sporting events, and for 2013 it is in the shape of a boar (Richard III's emblem) with the quiz trail testing your knowledge of great British Kings and Queens! The fun quiz trail is hidden amongst 3 miles of pathways, with high level bridges and viewing towers giving stunning 3D panoramic views over the giant 8 acre maize maze and surrounding countryside.
It also includes an Activity Funyard, full of mini mazes and games for all the family, including hoopla, beanbag throwing, space hopper track and a football shooting game. The maze opens this year on Saturday 20th July 2013 and is open 10am-6pm daily until September.
Free parking, refreshments and souvenirs. Situated directly opposite Wistow Rural Centre.
Postcode for sat nav: LE8 0QF